The values listed below are general specs applying for PRECI-DIP spring-loaded connectors/pogo pins. Please see individual catalog page for additional and product specific technical data.
Operating temperature range: -55 ... +125 °C
Climatic category (IEC): 55/85/21
Operating humidity range: annual mean 75 %
Max working voltage: 100 VRMS/150 VDC (2.54 mm grid)
PRECI-DIP products are recognized by Underwriters Laboratories Inc. and listed under "Connectors for Use in Data, Signal, Control and Power Applications", File Nr. E174442.
|HOLLOW PISTON TYPE||SHAPED PISTON TYPE||CLIP IN-LINE DESIGN TYPE|
|Min. initial height||1.5 mm||6 mm||10 mm|
|Stroke/height ratio||Max. 0.3||Max. 0.2||Max. 0.15|
|Max. stroke||2 mm||2 mm||2 mm|
|Min. initial spring force||0.2 N||0.2 N||0.2 N|
Insulation resistance between any two adjacent contacts Min. 10'000 MΩ at 500 V AC
Capacitance between any two adjacent contacts Max. 1 pF
The sockets withstand the following environmental tests without mechanical and electrical defects:
- Dry heat steady state IEC 60512-11-9.11i / 60068-2-2.Bb: 125 °C, 16 h
- Damp heat cyclic IEC 60512-11-12.11m / 60068-2-30.Db: 25/55 °C, 90 – 100 %rH, 1 cycle of 24 h
- Cold steady state IEC 60512-11-10.11j / 60068-2-1.A: -55 °C, 2 h
- Thermal shock IEC 60512-11-4.11d / 60068-2-14.Na: -55/125 °C, 5 cycles 30 min
- Sinusoidal vibrations IEC 60512-6-4.6d / 60068-2-6.Fc: 10 to 500 Hz, 10 g, 1 octave/min, 10 cycles for each axis
- Shock IEC 60512-6-3.6c / 60068-2-27.Ea: 50 g, 11 ms, 3 shocks in three axis
During the above two tests no contact interruption >50 ns does appear.
- Solderability J-STD-002A, Test A, 245°C, 5 s, solder alloy SnAg3.8Cu0.7
- Resistance to soldering heat J-STD-020C, 260°C, 20 s
- Resistance to corrosion:
Salt spray test IEC 60068-2-11.Ka: 48 h
Sulfur dioxide (SO2) test IEC 60068-2-42 Kc: 96 h at 25 ppm SO2, 25 °C, 75 %rH
Hydrogen sulfide (H2S) test IEC 60068-2-43 Kd: 96 h at 12 ppm H2S, 25 °C, 75 %rH
- Standard connector packaging is card box.
- SMD mount connectors available on request with Tape & Reel packaging acc. to EIA Standard 481.